8 WAYS TO INCREASE ORGANIC TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE
Do you want to improve your website's credibility, visibility, and organic traffic? Of course, you do! With one billion websites (and counting) running on the World Wide Web, it's more important than ever to be creative and intentional when developing your marketing strategy. Let's get to the top tips!
1. Create Killer, Passionate ContentYou can have the best SEO strategy in the world, but that's no excuse for subpar, shoddy content. In a world cluttered with keywords and backlinks, remember this: your content will always be king. You need to keep your audience engaged and enticed. You need to give people a reason to keep coming back to your website for more and more content. After all, if your content doesn't stand out and shine, your audience will quickly find a thousand other websites- that's just a Google click away. Your takeaway? Don't lose your passion in the midst of SEO integration.
2. Guest Blog and ContributeWant more organic traffic? One of the best ways to do this is by simply contributing to other websites in your industry. By getting your name out there on well-known, reputable sites, you enhance your credibility and exposure. You can ideally receive more referred traffic, and the backlinks can provide positive reinforcement for your SEO. Besides, guest blogging is a great way to network and connect with other industry experts. Just be sure that you're contributing to high-quality sites. Just like you want your name positively associated with industry experts, you don't want it associated with lower-quality work.
3. Master the KeywordsTo drive organic traffic onto your website, you need to have an active and effective keyword strategy. Spend some time with this one. Your keywords can make or break your SEO strategy. Don't rule out long-tailed keywords (even if they overwhelm you). With shorter, popular keywords being so heavily used, longer words will probably be your best bet. What does this mean for you and your website? It means that you need to search for the best keywords, check out what's already ranking well for that keyword, and then, of course, create something that's even better. Rinse. Repeat. Rinse. Repeat. Is it tedious? Sure. But in a world connected by keyword strength, it's non-negotiable.
4. Stay Trendy with Social MediaWhether you like it or not, social media is critical for boosting organic traffic to your site. That's because most people are on social media platforms all throughout the day. These hubs represent open, blank canvases for advertisements and shared content. If your website isn't among that content, you're missing out on troves of potential visitors. Today, with so many people quickly sharing posts, it can literally cost you NOTHING to become viral. So, get busy on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest. Your reputation and your traffic just might depend on it.
5. Optimize Your Visual ContentYou already know that a few scattered stock photos won't mean much in this cutthroat world. Your website needs to utilize various visuals throughout the page. After all, your readers are far more likely to enjoy visual content than read through lengthy walls of text. Fortunately, there are infinite options available. In addition to pictures, consider the following:
- Q & A videos
- Slideshare and slideshow presentations
- Landing page videos